Follow a seemingly insignificant creature through a night full of mysteries and old Swedish folklore.
(The Desura version is free but has never been updated and is only available in English)
About the game
Oknytt is a Point and Click Adventure, created by indie developer Nemoria Entertainment.
It tells a fairytale about a small, in the scope of the world insignificant, creature which travels through a night full of old Swedish folklore-creatures.
In a special night a small creature is born under a pile of rocks. It doesn’t know where it belongs to and starts to wander around until it finds a wingless sad elf. The creature promises to find her new wings to make her smile again. On their journey they have to escape and to cooperate with a bunch of creatures.
Oknytt doesn’t differ from other Point and Click Adventures. You collect items, combine them with each other or with your surrounding. And there are also some nice minigames.
Additionally you also have four boulders with the signs of the four elements on the lower edge of the screen. By pressing them you trigger various effects within the world. Some of them are just cosmetic, some of them are needed to solve puzzles.
– The whole story is told at a bonfire by a single narrator with a raspy and very unique voice. He also speaks every creature you’ll meet during the game. And he does an amazing job!
– All creatures are part of the Swedish folklore and you get a small synopsis for each, which is stored in a special journal.
– The game is completely hand drawn with a dark and detailed style. Only the small creature and the sequences between chapters are in 3D.
– Both, atmosphere and soundtrack, fit the game and the theme perfectly.
– The difficulty of the game is average. Most puzzles are easily solvable with a bit of thinking and maybe trying. Only in the last chapter are some combinations which are very hard to guess.
Unique dark and fairytale-like style
Infos about every creature you meet
Some puzzles near the end are strange